Economic Recovery Officer in Uganda – Junior EU Aid Volunteer
Do you wish to pursue an international career within the humanitarian sector? Are you keen on working in an intercultural environment? And do you want to upgrade your skills and get hands-on experience by working in a leading international organization? Then a position as an EU Aid Volunteer is your chance.
ABOUT THE EU AID VOLUNTEER INITIATIVE
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is leading an exciting new EU project aiming at recruiting and de-ploying volunteers as part of the European Union Aid Volunteers initiative. The project enables EU citizens and long-term residents in EU to get involved in international humanitarian aid projects and kick-start their career.
This is a great opportunity for young professionals to get involved in international humanitarian aid projects and by this kick-starting an international career within the humanitarian sector. As an EU Aid Volunteer, you will be able to upgrade your skills within the field of humanitarian aid through in-depth training and hands-on field experience in a non-EU country affected by disaster.
Currently we are looking for an Economic Recovery Officer – Junior EU Aid Volunteer to be deployed at DRC’s Office in Kampala, Uganda for 6 months.
To read more about the position and specific requirements please see the vacancy advert on the EU Platform.
ELIGIBILITY AND EXCEPTION CRITERIA:
Candidates applying for the EU Aid Volunteer position must be:
- An EU citizen or a long-term resident in an EU Member State. To learn more about the exact definition of long-term residency, please read here.
- Minimum 18 years of age.
Please note that candidates must be available for an EU face-to-face training from 28th April to 14th May 2019to be considered for the position.
Additionally, all EU Aid Volunteers are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
As an EU Aid Volunteer your expenses during trainings and deployment will be covered, including travel costs, insurance, and accommodation. In addition, EU Aid Volunteers will receive a monthly sub-sistence allowance covering everyday expenses during deployment, such as food, local transportation, etc.
We only accept online applications via the EU Platform. To apply you must go to the job advert on the EU Platform by clicking on the link above. At the bottom of the vacancy text you need to click on “apply.”
All applicants must send the following:
- Cover letter
- Updated Europass CV. You can find the Europass template at the vacancy site in the bottom next to ‘apply.’
- Proven EU citizenship or long-term residency in an EU Member State (i.e. copy of pass-port/visa/authority letter stating approved long-term residency). If you are a long-term resident, please make sure to upload your permit.
All documents must be uploaded in the online application system under the section for cover letter and the section for CV/other documents.
The deadline for applications is Sunday 3rd March 2019 at 11.59 pm (CET)
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process. Visit drc.ngo to read more about what we do to secure robust safeguarding mechanisms.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport.
More NGO JOB in Uganda in here
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1