Deputy Operations Coordinator
POSITION GENERAL OBJECTIVE
The position has three main objectives:
- To provide daily and consistent support and guidance to the technical teams to meet targets, comply with donor requirements, meet the internal requirements of the organization, and to deliver on learning objectives.
- To work with the technical departments to assess internal capacities, programming lessons, and to build departmental sub-national level strategies in line with the Mission Strategic Framework – matching indicators and incorporating the organizational policies, goals, and mandate.
- Provide regular, clear, and direct feedback/reports to the Operations Coordinator on the objectives outlined in this Job Description.
POSITION SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES AND TASKS
Objective 1: Manage the Technical Departments Operational and Qualitative Development (30%)
· In coordination with the Operations Coordinator and the Technical Departments at Coordination level, develop and manage the activity progress reporting (APR) of the projects at sub-national level, ensure key indicators are met and followed, and ensure that effective tools are used to plan, manage, and report on progress;
· Support the Programme Managers and Deputy Programme Managers to establish effective workplans, provide regular monthly follow-up on every project, and pre-identify/respond effectively to constraints and restrictions in implementation;
· Assist in the definition and improvement of inter-departmental collaboration, utilizing technical and MEAL departments, to improve operational effectiveness and quality of service delivery
· Monitor and Analyse the logistical, administrative and human resourcing being used within the programmes, recommending streamlining options and improvement of processes to the Operations Coordinator and the Base Management Team
· Ensure supervision and close team work between the Project Managers and his/her teams in relation to the proper implementation of activities
· Ensure close budget-follow up in coordination with the Operations Coordinator and Base Administrator
· Identify, jointly with the team, program constraints and problems during implementation, propose solutions and support implementation.
· Ensure the incorporation and adherence to the technical departmental strategies, supporting the Ops Co in reporting on BSC targets, and mission strategic framework targets.
· In coordination with the Ops Co and Coordination teams, support the technical teams in ensuring archiving compliance and control on technical documentation.
Objective 2: Ensure the Quality of Implementation & Analysis of Programming (15%)
· Submit regular reports to Operations Coordinator and ensure the proper submission of monthly reports by the Project Managers – APRs, Donor Reports, etc
· Support the Project Managers to develop appropriate reporting tools and submit them on a regular basis
· In coordination with the Operations Coordinator and the MEAL Manager ensure regular and consistent data is collected against each indicator in logical frameworks
· Under the MEAL Manager, and in coordination with the Operations Coordinator, ensure regular and consistent data is collected against the Mission Strategic Framework
· Ensure the preparation of intermediate and final reports to the donors in coordination with PMs, Operations Coordinator, and Grant Manager
· Utilise tangible lessons learned and learning outcomes derived from project and programme MEAL activities to build quality focused proposals in coordination with the Operations Coordinator and base team
· Ensure the development of strong needs and impact analysis processes, including needs assessments, risks analysis, relevant SMART outcomes indicators and adequate sources of verification, and impact evaluation reports – supporting the lead PM & MEAL Manager in their development of these approaches, and coordinating with the relevant Technical & MEAL Coordinators.
· Ensure that accountability processes are incorporated in the activities and implementation of programming at the field level, reporting back on these to the MEAL Manager, MEAL Coordinator, and Operations Coordinator.
Objective 3: Team Management and Human Resourcing (35%)
· To be the direct line manager of Programme Managers in the Technical Department, with the Operations Coordinator maintaining a functional link and overall line management
· Identify gaps and needs in terms of project management, and provide support and on-job training to the Programme Managers in regards to budget management, report writing, monitoring and evaluation systems, representation, etc.
· Participate in the recruitment of Programme Managers, and upon request, participate in the recruitment of other key project staff
· To ensure that the Programme Managers implement activities in line with technical guidelines and requirements established both organizationally and those established at coordination level
· Provide development plans and appraisals for the Programme Managers to ensure their capacity is built and their performance is improved
· Organize regular project meetings when needed, minutes reporting, team communication and team building activities
· Participate in the Human Resources definition for departments and ensure the best candidates are selected for the implementation of activities
Objective 4: Representation and Stakeholder Engagement (10%)
· Under the guidance and direction of the Operations Coordinator participate in the sub-national Working Groups on technical issues as and when needed
· Liaise with partners at field level about the technical approaches in coordination with the Operations Coordinator
· Initiate technical discussions at the field level with other stakeholders and actors, creating technical advocacy, improvement of coordination mechanisms, referral mechanisms, and delivery of service
· Stand-in for the Operations Coordinator during his/her absences and take full responsibility of the role with support and guidance from the Country Director and Coordination team
· Support the Programme Managers in coordination with national and international stakeholders throughout the implementation of the programming, coordinating with the Operations Coordinator and other departments to ensure a common message and position is relayed effectively and clearly
Objective 5: Support humanitarian activities of Action Against Hunger (10%)
· As and when needed, provide coverage for Emergency Response activities and support the delivery of assistance directly at the field level
Ensure a regular and consistent field presence for daily activities and remote
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:**
· Bachelor’s degree in economics, international relations, humanitarian action or any related field
· Trainings or education in programme management and leadership
Technical specific knowledge:
· Technical and working knowledge of one (or more) sectors of Action Against Hungers work – WASH, FSL, Nutrition
· Technical knowledge on strategy building and departmental development
· Demonstrable knowledge of Logistical, Administrative, and/or Human Resourcing processes
· At least 3 years experience in a higher level support function for INGOs/NGOs
· Demonstrable experience with strategy design
· Demonstrable experience with project & programme cycle management
· Previous experience managing programmes as either support or direct line management
Humanitarian sector knowledge:
Action Against the Hunger knowledge:
An asset but not mandatory
English Mandatory. Arabic an asset
IT and specific systems:
Good skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and knowledge of smart phone applications for CBI
Mobility (national/ international):
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
- Based in: Zahle
- Area: Operations
- Formal work contract: 9 months
- Salary: from 1750 € to 2800€ gross per month according to candidate’s previous experience (according to standard list of Action Against Hunger – Spain). Action Against Hunger – Spain remuneration system allows a salary progression based on the annual development appraisal.
· Action Against Hunger – Spain remuneration system allows a salary progression based on the annual development appraisal.
- LBP 8,000 daily transportation allowance on working days
- Social security registration and NSSF family allowance if eligible
- Complementary health insurance for you and your dependents
- Work accident insurance
- Life insurance (after 3 months of contract)
- School allowance for your children if eligible as per the official decrees (paid each year October)
- 1.5 days of paid holidays per month
- Approx. 18 days per year of public holidays
- Many training opportunities
More NGO JOB in Lebanon click here
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1