CONTENT OFFICER-MSF UAE REGIONAL OFFICE (Dubai)
The MSF Regional Office in the United Arab Emirates was founded in 1991. MSF UAE is a branch office and is part of the MSF Operational Center Paris (OCP). It consists of 4 departments: Communications, Fundraising, Human Resources and Administration and also acts as a regional support base for MSF Logistics and Operations.
Reports to: Head of Fundraising
Type of contract: Full-time
Start date: ASAP
- lead the development and delivery of creative print and online publications
- lead on content creation, writing/editing, proofing and design
- ensure that a consistent style and high quality is maintained across a full range of English-Arabic communication materials
· Develop and implement MSF UAE’s English-Arabic print and online publications strategy and plans in support of MSF visibility and fundraising aims.
· Manage a pool of external agencies, suppliers, freelancers and volunteers to contribute to the delivery of MSF UAE’s English and Arabic publications.
· Manage the production of MSF UAE’s publications, including establishing budgets and schedules, coordinating workloads, and briefing, supporting and managing external agencies, copywriters, editors, proof-readers and designers.
· Proactively identify new ways of working and identify opportunities to enhance the quality of existing methods and oversee implementation of change.
· Work collaboratively with others to define editorial lines, positioning and key messages, in order to produce quality content and communication materials that raise MSF’s profile and support fundraising aims.
· Develop and maintain consistent styles, messages and tone of copy, dependent on the communication material and target audience, and in line with MSF style and communication guides.
· Establish an internal review process and oversee editorial quality standards, relevance, coherence, accuracy and visual design of all print/online materials produced by MSF UAE.
· Edit, proof-read and approve final copy and design of print or digital products before they are published/released.
Content creation and management
· Manage the production of the quarterly English-Arabic newsletter magazine (Without Borders) from concept to finished product, including: establishing an editorial team, selecting content, editing and sub-editing, writing feature stories through interviews with MSF staff, researching and selecting images, leading and overseeing design and layout, proof-reading.
· Research and build up MSF UAE’s range of print and digital publications, thinking creatively about content and visuals.
· Gain an understanding of target audiences in relation to fundraising and communication materials, and identify and capitalise on good practices across MSF to aid the development and production of key publications.
· Work closely with fundraising and communication colleagues to identify and develop new publications opportunities and improve cost-effectiveness and quality in the production of MSF publications.
· Write, edit and project manage the development of engaging print and digital materials, and design of fundraising and communication materials.
· Research, write and edit fundraising appeals, case statements, proposals and stewardship reports.
· Research, monitor and keep track of MSF field activities and communication to appropriately select and develop content for MSF UAE purposes.
· Manage photo research and selection for diverse print and digital communication tools that are tailored to MSF audiences in the UAE and Arab region.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
· Graduate with relevant degree
· Minimum of five years’ experience in creating, editing and coordinating the production of content and publications
· Extensive experience of briefing/ commissioning, supervising and coordinating workloads of graphic designers, writers, editors, translators and other external consultants/agencies
· Extensive experience with creative processes, including design and visual elements of publications
· Strong editing, proofreading, and writing skills
· High level of accuracy and attention to detail
· Creative approach to problem solving
· Proficiency in English; proficiency in Arabic preferred
· Leadership, self-motivated, ability to work well in both diverse team environments and independently
· Strong interpersonal skills, and ability to articulate with clarity
· Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task in an environment with competing deadlines
· Strong interest in humanitarian issues and commitment to the aims and values of MSF
· MSF experience considered an asset
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision yet work effectively with the Head of Fundraising and Head of Communications to achieve objectives
· Must have a strong ethical character, good judgment and discretion; capable of handling confidential information
· Ability to effectively and efficiently seek out and find needed information both within MSF and externally
· Ability to juggle multiple projects with attention to detail and accuracy while adhering to deadlines in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
To Apply :
Please send your cv and a letter of motivation to: RecruitmentUAE@paris.msf.org before the 05th of March, 2019, noting your name and CONTENT/2019 in the subject field. Incomplete applications won’t be considered. Kindly note that only selected candidates will be contacted.
More NGO JOB vacancies in Dubai here
- Salary Offer $3000 ~ $10.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Dropdown field Option 1