Consultant – Child-Friendly Kindergarten Training Package Revision, Beijing China
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfil their potential. Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone. And we never give up.
For every child, dedication
UNICEF and the Ministry of Education (MoE) initiated the Child-Friendly Kindergarten (CFKG) Project in 2005 to improve the quality of KGs in rural and remote areas and for urban poor children. The CFKG training materials, including Child Friendly Kindergarten Educational Guideline, Child Friendly Curriculum Planning Guideline, and Child Friendly Kindergarten Monitoring Manual, etc., were developed in 2006, and played an important role in introducing the child-centered and cost effective model of pre-primary education, and guiding the practices to make the rural KG safe, healthy, non-discriminatory, culturally-relevant, effective in promoting learning and teaching, and in forming partnership with parents and communities
How can you make a difference?
The consultant is to develop a training package on Child Friendly Kindergarten educational guideline, curriculum planning, and monitoring and assessment using the three existing CFKG manuals including revising the content, and drafting training PowerPoint presentations with videos, pictures and notes.
- Meet with ECD members from UNICEF China to discuss the detailed workplan.
- Conduct a desk review and analysis of latest researches, policies and other source materials.
- Attend technical consultation meetings with ECD experts.
- Compile the suggestions proposed by the ECD experts and relevant materials, and revise the 3 CFKG manuals.
- Meet with UNICEF ECD members to work out a plan to collect picture and audio-visual materials.
- Travel to project sites to collect pictures and audio-visual materials.
- Draft training PPTs/handouts based on the finalized CFKG manuals.
The consultancy will begin on 10 January 2018 and will be full time for 11 months at UNICEF office, working remotely, and traveling to project sites to collect materials as needed.
To qualify you will have…
- Advanced university degree in early childhood education and development with research background in early childhood education;
- At least 10 years of working experience in early childhood education and research;
- Demonstrated knowledge and extensive experience in curriculum development and teacher training;
- Excellent writing skills, good photography skills an asset;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Chinese;
- Previous experience in/with the UN, including knowledge of UN/UNICEF programme and operations, policies and procedures an asset;
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software;
- Ability to work independently and under tight deadlines.
How to apply?
Interested applicants are requested to submit: 1) Cover letter/application, 2) CV, 3) A financial quotation for the consultancy, indicating daily rate and number of working days, and 4) at least one writing sample on relevant topic(s). For applicants based outside Beijing, the financial quotation may include travel costs and associated daily subsistence allowance for up to two trips to Beijing. Apply online through https://www.unicef.org/about/employ/(requisition 518350). The deadline for receipt of applications is 19 December 2018.
Review full Terms of Reference at ToR for CFKG Consultant_20181203v4.docx.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=518350
- Salary Offer $3000 ~ $10.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 10-20
- Dropdown field Option 1