Communications Officer / Senior Communications Officer
Contract: Two years fixed term.
Salary: commensurate with experience
Communications Officer £28,492 – £33,987 per annum
Senior Communications Officer £33,988 – £40,574 per annum
Ref: CREN/POGO/07/19** **
An independent, global think tank, working for a sustainable
and peaceful world in which every person thrives.
ODI is an independent, global think tank, working for a sustainable and peaceful world in which every person thrives. We harness the power of evidence and ideas through research and partnership to confront challenges, develop solutions and create change. (odi.org)
ODI is a global leader on migration and displacement issues, focusing on how the reality of human mobility affects development opportunities and aspirations. This is an exciting opportunity to lead on and support the communications and public affairs activities of two high-profile migration projects and increase the impact of our research and analysis.
- MIGNEX is a five-year research project (2018–2023) with the core ambition of creating new knowledge on migration, development and policy. It involves researchers at nine institutions in Europe, Africa and Asia. We want to understand and explain how migration and development affect each other in complex ways. We study the links between migration, development and policy in 25 local areas.
- The UK Research and Innovation GCRF South-South Migration, Inequality and Development Hub is a research project aiming to transform existing narratives and policy approaches to migration through establishing an interdisciplinary, evidence-based understanding of the relationships between South-South migration, inequality and development. The Hub is the largest research project on migration to date, interviewing over 25,000 households, businesses and individuals across six migration ‘corridors’: Burkina Faso and Cote d’Ivoire, Ethiopia and South Africa, Egypt and Jordan, Haiti and Brazil, China and Ghana, and Nepal and Malaysia.
We are looking for a dynamic and outstanding (Senior) Communications Officer to lead on project communications and increase the impact of our institutional work on migration. She/he will implement communications strategies, oversee production of outputs, including publications, events and digital channels/products, and help enhance the impact of our research.
Key responsibilities include:
· Deliver the communications strategy for both projects, ensuring that outputs are delivered on time and have maximum impact
· Work closely with communications and research staff across a wide range of organisations in producing content, and supporting and training staff in partner organisations in communications
· Support publications planning and production, as well as the organisation of events
· Manage project-specific websites on migration and displacement including liaising with partners on content and with external agencies on website security, hosting, design and development
· Manage Twitter/Facebook for migration and displacement projects, including posting content, monitoring conversations and engaging with followers
· Demonstrable interest in migration and displacement issues
· Digital communications skills and experience
· Excellent writing skills, and the ability to summarise research in clear, web-friendly, non-specialist language
· Good knowledge of social media, digital platforms and web best practice
· Excellent organisational, project management and prioritisation skills
· Experience of managing relationships with external partners, agencies and freelancers
· Self-starter – ability to generate plans and ideas and carry them through to completion
· Excellent IT and data management skills, including Microsoft Office
· Strong attention to detail
· Ability to work to strict deadlines and under pressure
· Ability to work collegiately
· Ability to quickly pick up new software and tools; willingness to learn new skills
Closing date: 5th August 2019
Interview and test date: week commencing 12th August 2019
ODI is an equal opportunities employer Charity Reg. No.228248
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 5-10