The Casework Assistant will provide Reception & Placement (R&P) case management core services and coordinate extended case management services including health, employment, financial stability, education, and housing for refugees during the two-year period after arrival. This position reports to the Resettlement Manager.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the caseworkers in the preparation of new arrivals and in the provision of core services.
- Support the casework team’s efforts to link clients with appropriate educational, health and social services.
- Provide interpretation services, both within the Agency/Program and to outside Agency partners, if applicable and when approved by manager.
- Case note all appropriate clients’ contacts and activities as directed.
- Assist with the timely completion of client records, documentation, and case files review.
- Assist clients in applying and accessing resources in the community.
- Perform any functions in regard to contracts or sub-contracts related to case management services for refugees; this includes the Matching Grant Contract, and any other contracts that provide funding and/or services for IRC and refugee clients.
- Comply with all IRC policies and protocols.
- Participate in all program meetings and staff development activities.
- Assist the Housing & Logistics team with housing related core services
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Associate degree or equivalent preferred; or equivalent work experience
- 1+ years related work experience; preferably in a non-profit or social services agency environment
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Fluency in a language spoken by one or more of the refugee groups IRC is serving (Sango, Arabic, Swahili, Kinyarwanda, and Tigrinya) preferred
- Ability to document client interactions and services provided and maintain updated and accurate case files. Case file database experience strongly preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and solid keyboarding skills
- Effective time management skills and ability to focus and work productively in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to work periodic evenings and weekends
- Valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle with current insurance, and the ability to travel regularly throughout the service delivery area (home visits, agency visits, service provider visits etc.)
- A combination of standard office environment and ‘field’ time in and around the service delivery area.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5