Organization: Plan Canada
Closing date: 20 Oct 2019
Organization: Plan International Canada
Reports to: Director, Philanthropy
Location: Toronto (involves 15% travel domestically and internationally)
Status: Full-time, permanent
Contact level: B
What can you expect from joining a leading organization in the global movement to advance children’s rights and equality for girls?
An inspiring team of intelligent disruptors that challenges themselves to Defy Normal – to be bold, insightful, focused and innovative.
We are one of Canada’s Most Admired Cultures and here’s why: together, we have created a climate of trust and inclusivity – where diversity in people, ideas and approaches is not only respected, it’s encouraged. We are empowered to command change and build powerful partnerships, with support from passionate leaders to unleash our full potential and learn, lead, decide and thrive.
Further information can be found at: plancanada.ca
Are you passionate about equal rights for all children and equality for girls? Can you see yourself being an integral member of a team that works towards transforming lives in developing countries? Are you confident that you can be part of a high performing team focused on building philanthropy?
Are you passionate about helping donors realize their philanthropic vision? Are you an experienced philanthropy professional who has a blend of working with allied professionals and have major gifts knowledge? Have you had success with visits with philanthropists and supporting leadership volunteers? Are you a trusted philanthropy professional with a collaborative working style and an ability to engage with diverse internal stakeholders adding value to organizational excellence and encouraging creative problem solving?
As part of the Philanthropy team and reporting to the Director, Philanthropy, the Senior Manager of Philanthropy is responsible for developing and engaging a portfolio of current and prospective individual major donors, giving in the range of $20,000 – $1,000,000. The key focus will be on achieving the annual revenue goals through the successful cultivation, stewardship and solicitation of donors and prospects for the campaign. This individual will also be responsible for the leadership and development of the Manager, Philanthropy.
We are looking for a candidate who will foster a high-growth approach to philanthropy for the campaign; someone comfortable leading solicitations with current donors and engaging new prospects and foundations. Our successful candidate will have experience in major gift solicitation, cultivation and stewardships of major gift donors and people leadership.
What does success look like?
· Manage a portfolio of community and private foundations and individual donors who give through foundations and identify new prospects
· Implement creative cultivation and solicitation strategies that inspire donors, prospects and foundations to make multi-year commitments and/or stretch gifts
· Manage and report on a portfolio of major gift prospects and donors, coordinating solicitation, stewardship and cultivation efforts with fundraising teams
· Support direct report and team in management of their major gifts portfolio including implementation of their stewardship and cultivation strategies
· Create and participate in donor identification, cultivation and stewardship plans for existing and prospective donors
· Support the development of briefing materials, proposals and presentations for donor, advisor and community foundations meetings
· Effectively and accurately communicate Plan International’s fundraising priorities to reflect the interests and investment of donors and prospective donors
· Design and implement appropriate solicitation strategies including the development of briefing materials, proposals and presentations
· Maintain up to date and accurate donor/prospect profiles and records of contact
· Provide donors with quality stewardship by communicating the impact of donations
· Acts as a liaison and resource for other teams at Plan International Canada and works collaboratively towards common goals
As our ideal candidate you will have:
· Bachelor’s degree and demonstrated experience in fundraising or related experience; CFRE designation preferred
· Business acumen and the ability to influence others by fostering strong business relationships; a proven track record of working with major gift donors
· A flexible and adaptable work style; open to collaboration with strong personalities and professionals; ability to thrive in a fast-paced evolving work culture
· Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to inspire confidence and trust in donors, stakeholders and cooperation among staff colleagues
· Demonstrated tact, integrity and diplomacy with a professional presence and manner; capable of exercising independent judgment and flexibility
· Superior listening skills with the ability to interpret the concerns and interests of donors, translating them into attractive opportunities for investment in Plan International Canada’s priorities
· Excellent organizational, research and project management skills with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
· Possess exemplary communication skills – written, oral and presentation; including well developed networking ability
· Demonstrated resourcefulness and independence, but comfortable working within the framework of an integrated development program and team-oriented environment
· Expertise in a CRM database and Microsoft Office Suite A valid G driver’s license, use of a reliable vehicle and ability to travel nationally and internationally, as required
How to apply:
To express interest in this exciting opportunity to join a dynamic organization and a high performing team, please forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected] by October 20, 2019. Please reference Senior Manager, Major Gifts in the subject line**.**
Plan International Canada is an inclusive workplace, and is committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Consistent with our Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy, the successful candidate must receive clearance by a police background check, including the vulnerable sector screen.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada for the duration of the work term. Proof of eligibility will be required.
Plan International Canada sincerely thanks all applicants for their expressed interest in this opportunity however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Thank you for your interest in a career at Plan
- Salary Offer $3000 ~ $10.000
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Text Area field 8am - 5pm