NGO Jobs in Canada. Organization: Save the Children
Closing date: 15 Sep 2019
(This position is covered under CUPE Bargaining Unit)
Save the Children Canada is a member of Save the Children International, a federation that works in more than 120 countries worldwide delivering programs focused on health and nutrition, education, child protection, child poverty, humanitarian response, and child rights governance. As the world’s leading independent organization for children, Save the Children’s vision is a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development, and participation. This position plays a lead role in managing a portfolio of awards in the award management cycle. The Program Manager works with the Head, Award Management to ensure the successful delivery implementation of programs through SCI, Members, and partners, and maintain accountability to donors.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
· Responsible for managing a complex portfolio of grants (awards) in the award management cycle once funding is secured, including leading project kickoff meetings, monitoring the progress, managing amendments and facilitating the closeout process with Country offices /Members and coordinating contractual service agreements and MOUs
· Follow global and local Award Management guidelines and processes
· Update Award Management System (AMS), including fund summaries, phased-budget, reporting tab – Match and all award information on a timely basis to ensure complete audit trail (data and process)
· Proactively liaise with Country Offices, Thematic Advisors, and delivery partners to ensure project quality and resolves issues and monitor progress and change to timelines of deliverables, liaising with the donor when required
· As the primary budget holder for a portfolio of awards, is responsible for project budget oversight and preserving financial health of portfolio and work in collaboration with the Country Offices and Project officers to maintain accurate fund summary
· Review donor reports, ensuring high quality financial and narrative reports are submitted to Donors on a timely basis and provide feedback through AMS
· Review donor guidelines to understand all terms and conditions and develop Donor requirements checklist for each Award and share donor compliance documents with the Country Office.
· Strengthen local Award Management capabilities through knowledge sharing, skills development, and cross-training
· Share Canadian donor-specific requirements with Regional and Country Offices, maintaining current donor templates
· Under the guidance of Head, Award Management provide mentoring and coaching, actively supporting the professional development of Program Officers and Program employees and their efforts to build knowledge of relevant program theory and practice.
Qualifications (include but are not limited to):
· Degree in International Development / Social Sciences or related field with 10 years’ experience in international development setting; direct field experience considered an asset including experience in project management/program/grant management
· Extensive knowledge and experience of project management, in particular managing large projects with partners in consortium setting
· Certificate in Project Management or project management experience within NGO sector
· Prior experience with GAC-funded projects; knowledge of GAC policies and procedures; knowledge of Results-Based Management (RBM) approach is required
· Demonstrate experience in providing mentoring and coaching, professional development of staff
· Superior relationship building and stakeholder engagement. Requires building rapid relationship with donors, partners and key staff in country offices.
· Superior project financial management and financial analysis skills
· Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills to develop strong working relationships across cultural and organizational boundaries with internal and external stakeholders, and managing through influence
· Superior writing skills; proficiency in French is critical
· Intermediate skills in MS Excel to manipulate, analyze, and reconcile financial data
· Ability to travel internationally on occasional basis
· Adhere to Save the Children’s Child Safeguarding policy and protocols Police check vulnerable sector screening
How to apply:
HOW TO APPLY?
If you are interested in this position, please e-mail your resume and cover letter to [email protected] by September 15, 2019 with subject heading “**Program Manager”.** We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
*SCC is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources (416) 221-5501 ext. 262**.*
- Salary Offer $3000 ~ $10.000
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Text Area field 8am - 5pm