Organization: Plan Canada
Closing date: 27 Sep 2019
Organization: Plan International Canada
Reports to: Senior Advisor, Gender Equality
Location: Toronto, Ottawa or remote within Canada (involves 30% – 40% international travel annually for up to 2 weeks at a time)
Status: Full-time, permanent
Contact Level: A
What can you expect from a leading organization in the global movement to advance children’s rights and equality for girls?
An inspiring team of intelligent disruptors that challenges themselves to Defy Normal – to be bold, insightful, focused and innovative.
We are one of Canada’s Most Admired Cultures and here’s why: together, we have created a climate of trust and inclusivity – where diversity in people, ideas and approaches is not only respected, it’s encouraged. We are empowered to command change and build powerful partnerships, with support from passionate leaders to unleash our full potential and learn, lead, decide and thrive.
Further information can be found at: plancanada.ca
Plan International Canada is seeking a Gender Equality Advisor that is passionate about equal rights for all children and equality for women and girls – in all their diversity. They will have demonstrated experience in international development and humanitarian programming and be ready to contribute to a high-performing team focused on effectively designing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating gender transformative programs. They will have demonstrated gender equality expertise and a collaborative working style, experience working with diverse stakeholders and colleagues and an aptitude for creative problem solving and critical thinking in a fast-paced work environment.
The Gender Equality Advisor is an integral member of the Gender Equality Unit in the Program Effectiveness and Quality Department and will have a role to play in influencing and executing the Unit’s strategy to Grow Program Impact as part of our overall organizational strategy: 20 Million Reasons.
Working collaboratively with a team of technical advisors, you will be responsible for supporting our efforts to fully implement Plan International’s Global Gender Equality and Inclusion Policy. This includes:
· Increasing staff capacity on gender equality
· Mainstreaming gender in development and humanitarian programs
· Supporting the implementation of high-quality gender aware and/or transformative programs
· Improving the results of our development and humanitarian programming in countries
· Undertake knowledge management and external engagement to build Plan International Canada’s profile as a leader in gender transformative programming
What does success look like?
· Strengthen organizational capacities to effectively implement gender aware and/or transformative child rights-based programming and support the monitoring and evaluation of programs for gender equality results
· Demonstrable, strong technical capacity in designing and implementing gender integrated development and humanitarian programs, networking and working relationships with different donors and other partner organizations
· Providing technical advice for the implementation of gender equality strategies and actions to our supported programs to meet and exceed Plan International Canada and donor requirements. This will include supporting staff and partners in specific Plan International countries with practical in-field and remote implementation support
· Providing technical input to ensure gender mainstreaming within sector-specific and emergencies program concept notes, proposals and performance frameworks; such as Sexual Reproductive and Maternal, Newborn and Child Health, Education, Child Protection, WASH, gender-based violence, economic empowerment, livelihoods, food security, etc.
· Contributing to formulation of gender equality research and knowledge management initiatives and developing and/or supporting gender partnerships and cooperation with other organizations in Canada and in identified countries on child rights-based programming and policy relating to gender equality
· Developing program specific gender-based analysis/ assessments including design, approaches, data collection instruments and data analysis
· Providing inputs for communications collateral including briefs, reports, website posts/ blogs, etc. and on specific occasions, representing Plan International Canada on gender equality in the media or events
As our ideal candidate you will have:
· Fluency in English and Spanish or English and French is required. Fluency in English, Spanish and French is an asset.
· An aptitude for reviewing, synthesizing and analysing information/ data and producing quality reports
· Demonstrable ability to design gender aware and/or transformative approaches and strategies within sector programs and humanitarian programs
· A proven track record in conducting program-based gender analysis, preferably using participatory methodologies
· Extensive experience and understanding of programming cycles and key milestones and processes
· Demonstrable training development and delivery experience for diverse groups
· A solution oriented, flexible and adaptable work style; open to collaboration with strong personalities and professionals; thrive in a fast-paced evolving work culture
· A passion for mission driven work and personal values aligned with those of Plan International Canada’s organizational values
How to apply:
To express interest in this exciting opportunity to join a dynamic organization and a high performing team please forward your resume and cover letter to [email protected] by September 27, 2019. Please reference Gender Equality Advisor in the subject line.
Plan International Canada is an inclusive workplace, and is committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Consistent with our Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy the successful candidate must receive clearance by a police background check, including the vulnerable sector screen.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada for the duration of the work term. Proof of eligibility will be required.
Plan International Canada sincerely thanks all applicants for their expressed interest in this opportunity however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Thank you for your interest in a career at Plan International Canada!
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Text Area field 8am - 5pm