DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
From 2 September 2018 To 16 September 2018
CONTRACT TYPE & DURATION
Type: Fixed Term-NOA
Duration: One year
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ). Job holders report to the Division/Regional/Country Director or the designate, and work under the functional supervision of the Director, Information Technology (IT).
Job holders at this level perform activities and analytical work of limited complexity supporting several business areas and maintaining contacts with business counterparts to bring business requests into IT. They use their limited technical knowledge and experience to assist in gathering and analysing business needs, and supporting solution delivery. Job holders are likely to be working under the supervision of a more experienced staff member, receiving guidance and regular feedback on work performed.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Familiarise with COs assistance strategy and direction and constantly seek and suggest improvements in delivery of assistance through effective application of BITM processes;
- Ensure that guidance is provided to CO business units for both organisational and capacity changes that are needed for effective SCOPE operations and mainstreaming of BITM process and activities;
- Coordinate SCOPE operations in the CO ensuring involvement of all stakeholder units as per corporate BITM Business Process Model (BPM). In particular ensure empowerment of sub-offices by ensuring complete decentralisation of SCOPE processes and operations;
- Ensure that BITM BPM standards are implemented and maintained in collaboration with RB and CO compliance function;
- Ensure constructive partnership between Beneficiary Services Team and the business including other stakeholders and effectively manage change brought about by use of SCOPE in BITM processes;
• Coordinate IT Macro and Micro Assessments including Beneficiary Information Assessments to ensure Technology Unit contribution in transfer modality choice decisions;
• Generate ideas and requirements for enhancement of SCOPE based on CO operational requirements so that it evolves in keeping with changes and challenges of delivering assistance in very diverse contexts in Syria. In particular explore possibilities for integrating SCOPE with locally available commercial payment or delivery systems and services including use of beneficiary data sourced from other registration platforms;
- Support uptake of SCOPE by other partners and integration with their own solutions including positioning the platform within the humanitarian and social protection or safety net management information system (MIS) eco-system;
- Participate in capacity building initiatives aimed at creating solid BITM expertise in all CO business units including influencing better alignment between the Technology Unit and the business.
- Supervise the analysis and development of I.T. based solutions to automate and enhance the performance of internal business processes
- Perform any other duties as required.
OTHER SPECIFC JOB REQUIREMENTS (Innovation and Data Analysis)
- Develop and implement WFP Syria country office’s Data Strategy.
- Act as focal point for data partnerships that support and enable the strategy
- Drive culture and literacy changes required to become a data-driven country office.
- Lead the data and business analysis team responsible for ensuring data acquisition, integration and reporting processes are in place and implemented.
- Manage the product roadmaps, and timelines.
- Work actively with different units to prioritize activities.
- Gather and analyze business and data requirements
- Provide reliable estimates for time and cost related to the implementation
- Review feasibility and impact related to requirements changes
- Review data risks, identify and escalate issues which could affect the outcomes
- Provide input on data governance mechanisms that comply with organizational guidelines and ensure they are being adhered in the country office.
- Ensure data architecture aligns to data products and integration needs.
- Supervise the development and provision of innovative ICT Solutions to business units
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced university degree in Computer Science, engineering or other relevant field,or First University degree with additional years of related work experience or trainings/course.
Experience: At least one year of post-graduate progressively responsible professional experience in humanitarian aid operations and/or business systems analysis, design and development.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English and Arabic languages.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Please upload your CV in English only.
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
- Candidates must get an auto confirmation email once applying.
More jobs in NGO Jobs Vacancies
- Total Jobs: 9 Jobs
- Slogan media
- Full Address bandung