NGO Jobs in Bangladesh. Organization: International Organization for Migration
Closing date: 12 Aug 2019
Position Title : Monitoring and Evaluation Officer (Programme Support)
Duty Station : Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Special short-term graded, Six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 12 August 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading
UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and
non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Read more about diversity and inclusion at IOM at www.iom.int/diversity.
Applications are welcome from first- and second-tier candidates, particularly qualified female candidates as well as applications from the non-represented member countries of IOM. For all IOM vacancies, applications from qualified and eligible first-tier candidates are considered before those of qualified and eligible second-tier candidates in the selection process.
For the purpose of this vacancy, the following are considered first-tier candidates:
- Internal candidates
- Candidates from the following non-represented member states:
Antigua and Barbuda; Bahamas; Cabo Verde; Comoros; Cook Islands; Cuba; Djibouti; El Salvador; Fiji; Gabon; Grenada; Guinea-Bissau; Guyana; Holy See; Iceland; Kingdom of Eswatini; Kiribati; Lao People’s Democratic
Republic (the); Lesotho; Libya; Marshall Islands; Mauritania; Micronesia (Federated States of); Montenegro; Namibia; Nauru; Palau; Papua New Guinea; Paraguay; Saint Kitts and Nevis; Saint Lucia; Saint Vincent and the Grenadines; Samoa; Sao Tome and Principe; Seychelles; Solomon Islands; Suriname; Timor-Leste; Tonga; Tuvalu; Vanuatu
Second tier candidates include:
All external candidates, except candidates from non-represented member states.
Following escalation of violence in Rakhine State, Myanmar, on the 25 August 2017, more than half a million Rohingya have fled across the border into Bangladesh, resulting in a severe humanitarian crisis. IOM, in support of the Government of Bangladesh, has been mandated to coordinate humanitarian activities in Cox’s Bazar.
Under the overall supervision of the Deputy Chief of Mission, the direct supervision of the Programme Support Unit Coordinator and in close coordination with relevant Project Development (PD)/Reporting/Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) units within the Mission, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing advice and support on the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) aspects of all IOM programmes in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh in line with donor’s expectations and M&E requirements.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development and strengthening of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) systems within IOM programmes in Cox’s Bazar.
- Develop and update results-based M&E frameworks and/or work plans for programmes if and when necessary.
- Implement the process of monitoring targets and indicators using existing M&E frameworks and work plans for the programme as well as the individual partner projects.
- Undertake and oversee regular field monitoring and evaluation visits with programme staff to ensure technical compliance and timely execution of projects vis-à-vis approved plans and baselines.
- Advise units with the preparation of donor reports to ensure compliance with key programme indicators and objectives.
- Support the Programme Support Unit (PSU) by reviewing the overall objectives, purposes and results and the development of logical frameworks for new projects.
- Compile information for regular IOM monitoring reports in coordination with database assistants and the involved programme teams.
- Coordinate closely with the Grants Manager to ensure that ongoing activities and performance of project implementing partners are reviewed and identify discrepancies and methods for immediate resolution.
- Organize and conduct training activities in M&E to IOM programme personnel and Implementing Partners (IPs) as needed.
- Prepare, conduct, and facilitate programme evaluations and other accountability reports as required, including analysis of the findings and giving recommendations as to what the next steps should be.
- Advise PSU on improving information management systems as fit.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Social Science, Development Planning, Public Health, Statistics or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience and training in M&E development and implementation, information analysis and report writing;
• Ability to consolidate information from multiple sources;
• Ability to work with basic presentation software, e.g. Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel; f) Knowledge of statistical software and Access a plus.
IOM’s official languages are English, French and Spanish.
For this position, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of Bangla, French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
1 Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
• Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
• Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link. https://www.iom.int/sites/default/files/about-iom/iom_revised_competency_framework_external.pdf
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 12 August 2019 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment
From 30.07.2019 to 12.08.2019
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
Requisition: SVN 2019/220 (P) Monitoring and Evaluation Officer(PS)(P2)-CoxsBazar,Bangladesh
Posting: Posting NC56083581 (56083581) Released
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Text Area field 8am - 5pm