UNHCR Regional Office in Riyadh is seeking applications from qualified individuals for the following Job Opening:
Position Title: Associate Private Sector Partnerships Officer
Position Grade: NOB – (Saudi Nationals Only)
Position Number: 10027216
Duty Station: Riyadh
The KSA Market is planned to be the fastest growing market in the MENA region when it comes to the number of donors, donations and the amount raised historically from the Digital Program. Moreover, UNHCR has a number of successful partnerships in KSA such as Alwaleed Philanthropies and AGFUND, also with corporates and HNWIs. These are just examples of the importance of strengthening PSP capacity within KSA in order to optimize potential strategic partnership and existing ones.
In support of the LG and IG Programme in KSA, Private Sector Partnership Service (PSP) needs to hire an Associate PSP Officer who will support the implementation of the PSP Programme in Riyadh based on the PSP Global Strategy. S/he will be responsible for new business development; maintaining and managing a prospect pipeline and account cultivation and management.
Reporting directly to the Senior PSP Officer (MENA), s/he will lead the KSA PSP team which encompasses all the PSP tasks. The position aims to maximize the donor base from the private sector for UNHCR, and is responsible for managing the individual giving, leadership giving (corporate/foundation/major donors) and donor retention programmes, as well as communication with various partners for PSP.
This position has a key role to play not only in day-to-day supervision of the growing team, but also through strategic leadership, motivation and staff development.
This vacancy notice is for the position of Associate Private Sector Partnerships Officer for the Regional office in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, to be based in Riyadh.
Description of Key Responsibilities:
· The Annual giving income target is achieved according to agreed annual budget and plan.
· The Annual expenditure budget is under control according to agreed annual budget.
- Manage and monitor of PSP expenditures/budget and income recording and reporting.
- Manage corporate, individual and foundation screening of any new partners wanting to enter into a relationship with UNHCR.
- Develop, implement and report on Private Sector Partnerships.
- Manage PSP resources in KSA, including human resources.
- Provide KSA perspective and inputs for the Regional Strategic Plan.
- Develop and maintain close relations with identified corporates, trusts and foundations in KSA.
- Manage accounts for major corporates, individuals and foundations in KSA.
- Maintain and manage a full prospect pipeline, including commissioning or performing prospect research as necessary and moving prospects along the donor development cycle.
- Communicate accurate and timely information on UNHCR’s programs and activities, in conformity with the organisation’s financial needs and priorities to prospective and current donors.
- Draft compelling proposals for submission to corporates, trusts, foundations and High Net worth Individuals in KSA.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting on implementation of funded projects, by obtaining and compiling information from relevant services within UNHCR (HQ PSP Thematic Unit, desks, and field offices).
- Organize and accompany donor missions to HQ or the field as required.
- In co-operation with the other members of KSA External Relations Section, develop and support activities within the framework of PSP projects with partners that will promote refugees, and of UNHCR’s public awareness in KSA.
- Serve as liaison and focal point for all communication and issues concerning the corporate sector and foundations in KSA and escalate to superiors as necessary.
- Assist the global PSP team in the adaptation, testing and/or development of activities and tools that support private sector fund raising efforts in KSA and other markets, including digital advertisements and direct response television.
- Represent UNHCR/PSP in meetings with prospective and current partners in KSA to promote an accurate understanding of UNHCR’s work and its financial and non-financial needs.
- Develop initiatives with corporates to: obtain financial support for projects; develop stand-by emergency agreements for mobilizing support, both technical and financial; and encourage employee-giving and cause-related marketing as appropriate.
- Ensure that the proper reporting framework is in place to measure and monitor progress.
- Liaise with the Senior PSP Officer (MENA) and other colleagues on any fundraising opportunity that could be undertaken by the KSA office in its fundraising sub portfolios.
- Perform any other tasks as required.
- Develop the annual PSP budget and plan.
- Promote and develop innovation into projects.
- Lead, manage and encourage staff to seek out permanent improvements to the fundraising programs.
- Empowering and Building Trust
- Managing Performance
- Judgement and Decision Making
- Managing Resources
Cross – Functional Competencies
- Analytical Thinking
- Innovation and Creativity
- Planning and Organizing
Minimum Essential Qualifications and Professional Experience Required:
· University degree in Marketing, International Relations, Journalism, Communications, Political/Social Sciences or related field.
· Minimum 4 years of relevant experience at professional level, preferably in a similar position in the non-profit sector.
· Proven experience with fundraising/marketing principles. Proven expertise and up-to-date knowledge in existing and new techniques including direct marketing and direct response fundraising, telemarketing, monthly donor programmes such as face-to-face, mass appeals, digital fundraising and emergency fundraising.
· Experience with Leadership Giving fundraising (major donors, corporates, foundations, high net worth individuals).
· Current market knowledge of PSP in KSA.
· Ability to work independently and to exercise good judgment is also valuable for this position, which requires a certain level of maturity, sensitivity and leadership by example.
· Excellent computer skills.
· Proven ability to write communication materials in English.
· Excellent knowledge of English and Arabic.
Desirable Qualifications and Competencies:
· Experience working for an INGO in the humanitarian field.
· Knowledge of refugee issues and UNHCR programmes and activities, particularly at field level.
Closing Date: 17 September 2018
Applications should send a complete UN Personal History Form through email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Associate PSP Officer” referenced in the subject line.
• The electronic version of a UN Personal History Form (P.11) can be downloaded from the
following link (http://www.unhcr.org/recruit/p11new.doc).
• Incomplete applications and applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
• Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further consideration.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1