Associate Director, Budget and Financial Systems
HIAS seeks an Associate Director, Budget and Financial Systems to lead improvement of the overall budget creation and forecasting processes, including implementing and managing new budget software and updating the Chart of Accounts. S/he provides tools to department heads/budget owners that simplifies budget creation, management and forecasting and works to make budget and grant reporting processes more efficient. The Associate Director, Budget and Financial Systems also works to increase overall staff understanding and comfort with Budget, Actuals, Forecast and the Chart of Accounts.
- Leads Needs Assessment for Budget software and creates a requirements document to accompany the RFP.
- Serves as Project Lead on selection, implementation and training on new Budget software; serves as Project Lead on a comprehensive review and revision of the Management Accounting Structure, including the Chart of Accounts.
- Facilitates organization wide training for staff in budget and forecast best practices and financial system use.
- Plans and implements organization wide training on the new Accounting Structure and Chart of Accounts and their use; creates reference materials and post them on HIAS Net.
- Oversees the maintenance and troubleshooting of financial systems and related issues organization wide; investigates efficiencies and documents issues and solutions with the financial software.
- Prepares templates for monthly management reports and dashboard for all departments and country offices.
- Takes the lead in building capacity in budget and forecast, including guidance and training documents.
- Develops tools for analysis and forecasting to provide senior leadership with better information for decision making.
- Assists with the annual budget process, including development of the organizational budget.
- Assists with budget revision process for all departments and country offices, including developing calendars, work plans, templates; providing training; and preparing financial and narrative documents for presentation to the ELT and F&A committee of the Board.
- Provides standard and custom non-profit reports, including Income & Expense, Profit & Loss, Budget versus Actuals and Forecast Reports.
- Provides reports consistent to reports required for annual audit.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Graduate degree required; MBA or MPA in Finance strongly desired.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in planning budgeting, forecasting and financial management.
- Extensive knowledge of financial planning and budgeting processes and financial reporting, both at domestic an international level.
- Experience in financial project management and designing reports in financial databases required.
- Experience implementing new budget software preferred; experience with federal grant proposal budgets preferred.
- Experience of working with international programs including travel/training in developing countries strongly preferred.
- A minimum of two years supervisory or team-lead experience.
- Ability to interact at all levels and with all departments (including ELT, finance stakeholders and others – specifically at the Country Office level).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to multitask and handle multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to properly prioritize work and escalate issues as needed; explains clearly and demonstrates appropriate methods to field offices and headquarters staff.
- Encourages others to identify opportunities for different and innovative approaches, facilitates implementation and acceptance of change; anticipates and responds promptly to internal customer’s needs and solicits feedback
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to build effective relationships.
Please submit your resume, cover letter and application to our website, http://www.hias.org/career-and-internship-opportunities
- Salary Offer $3000 ~ $10.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 5-10
- Dropdown field Option 1