NGO Jobs in Armenia. Organization: Management Systems International
Closing date: 07 Sep 2019
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Assistant, USAID/Armenia Support Initiative, Yerevan
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The Armenia Support Initiative seeks to support the Armenian governments technical and operational capacities to define and deliver on its democratic reform agenda; sustain public support for and engagement in the reform process; and, provide punctual, strategic technical assistance across all levels of government.
**Please note: Only Armenian citizens are eligible for this position.
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Assistants primary responsibility is to assist the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist with managing all monitoring, evaluation and learning processes including designing M&E plans and collecting and analyzing data. He/she will provide training and support to program staff on data collection and data integrity. This position will be based in Yerevan.
- Assist with managing M&E plan, including collecting, recording and analyzing data, and maintaining the M&E database.
- Provide support to the projects monitoring and evaluation (M&E) processes.
- Support the programs overall learning agenda to derive lessons learned and best practices from program activities and contribute to reporting requirements.
- Conduct data verification exercises including data review and interviews.
- Manage the repository of tools, guidelines and reference documents for MEL work and other materials.
- Under the guidance of MEL Specialist, provide training to program staff on the MEL, performance indicators, and how to collect the needed data.
- Travel to project field sites as necessary to gather data.
- Spoken and written English and Armenian is required.
- University degree in Economics, Political Science, Government, or a related field
- Minimum three (3) years professional work experience
- Professional work experience in evaluating programs, social projects, and/or public policies
- Professional work experience in research with qualitative and/or quantitative methodologies (statistics or econometrics), including developing research reports
- Prior professional work experience with NGOs, international contractors, multilateral institutions and/or international cooperation agencies
- Knowledge of and experience with developing and evaluating impact-oriented projects
- Proficiency in MS Office (advanced level with Excel) and ability to use the internet
- Rigorous time management and activity organization
- Ability to maintain confidential information and work with a wide variety of people from diverse backgrounds
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English is required
Applications due by August 15, 2019.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
How to apply:
- Salary Offer $3000 ~ $10.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Text Area field 8am - 5pm