The role : Advocacy, Media and Communication Director
ROLE PURPOSE: As a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT) in the CO, the Advocacy, Media and Communications Director shares in the overall responsibility for the direction and coordination of the Country Office. The AMC Director in his/her capacity is responsible for providing leadership to ensure excellence in our public and private facing advocacy, media and communications on the crisis in Yemen as well as our longer term development work.
Qualifications and experience
* Prior management experience working in emergency response contexts or fragile states.
* Significant prior experience working in advocacy on humanitarian issues, child rights, human rights, and/or development issues.
* Experience of influencing and advocacy work including lobbying, policy development and information provision in humanitarian issues.
* Excellent skills in advocating towards government officials in developing countries.
* Experience of and strong skills in developing and implementing humanitarian advocacy strategies.
* Proven skills in media and communication work, including interviews on Radio and TV.
* Good attention to detail.
* Highly developed communication skills both written and verbal in order to establish effective relationships with a wide variety of internal and external audiences including at a geographical distance
* Extensive knowledge of child rights and international humanitarian law.
* Understanding of UN and donor operations at country level.
* High level analytical and strategic thinking skills.
* Cultural awareness and ability to build relationships quickly with a wide variety of people.
* Patient, adaptable, flexible, able to improvise and remain responsive and communicate clearly and effectively under pressure.
* Excellent planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities.
* Excellent interpersonal skills, with experience in managing multicultural teams.
* Commitment to Save the Children values
* Fluent in Arabic.
Contract length: 12 Months
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Application Email: A.Aloqaily.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5