The Overseas Accounting Analyst collaborates and works closely with the respective country program Finance Managers and Regional Finance Officers to ensure budgeting, accounting and other financial and accounting functions are in accordance with GAAP, CRS finance policies and procedures. This position ensures that CRS’ country program data bases are closed on time and the financial data from the field are complete and accurate and uploaded to HQ Accounting system. This position provides regular financial and accounts analysis and is responsible for a portfolio of 7 – 10 countries.
* Ensure timely and accurate month-end closure by the country programs. Identify issues that need to be resolved and determines an action plan.
* Provides Finance Managers with analysis and technical support, assistance with adherence to CRS’ policies and procedures and answering any direct inquires.
* Perform detailed account analysis and system reconciliations, coordinate resolutions and recommend improvements as needed.
* Conduct cost allocation monitoring and analysis. Ensure compliance with foreign exchange rate accounting.
* Perform temporary assignments to assist Country Programs with staff capacity building, resolving major accounting issues as well as gain an understanding of Country Program’s day-to-day accounting activities including transaction processing and month end close.
* Provide assistance to Country Programs for clearing of audit findings as they relate to accounting issues.
* Analyze monthly and quarterly expense fluctuations to ensure proper accounting treatment.
* Monitor discretionary and temporary restricted projects. Ensure proper set up, spending remains within the project budgets and timely closure.
* Contribute to the development and maintenance of systems and tools to improve financial analysis and management processes.
* Provide feedback to Regional Finance Officers and Country Representatives and identify staff training needs to increase financial capacity.
* Support CPs in preparation for external audits and in preparation of CPs’ fund accounting statements.
* Support and participate in design, development of training materials and conduct trainings to Finance Managers.
* Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor which are broadly in line with the above responsibilities.
* Provide mentorship to CPs and HQ Staff on financial management.
* Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting or related field. Master’s Degree preferred.
* 3-5 years of progressive accounting experience.
* Strong knowledge of all MS Office programs required.
* Fluency in written and spoken English, French is highly preferred.
Travel: International travel up to 15% to field offices and partner/project sites.
* Knowledge of Oracle, Sun Systems, and JD Edwards preferred.
* Knowledge of GAAP.
* Knowledge of fund accounting and funding regulations for USG and major public donors such as Global Fund, DFID, World Bank, United Nations, preferred.
Work Conditions/Environment Conditions: Willingness to work additional hours during critical implementation periods.
*Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
NOTE: All interested applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. at the time of application.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
- Salary Offer $3000 ~ $10.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 0-5