Country: Myanmar, based in Sittwe
Since 2011, ACF has been implementing an FSL program in northern Rakhine state state as part of a six-year Europaid-funded consortium project with two other agencies, the Poverty and Hunger Alleviation through Support, Empowerment and Increased Networkingproject.
ACF’s Rakhine base is set in Sittwe, and also comprises a sub-base in Mrauk-U (Minbya district), where a part of the project staff will be permanently based.
Length of contract: 18th months from 01st November 2018.
The position:You will coordinate the implementation of ACF’s Food Security and Livelihoods program in Rakhine State and guarantee the quality, relevance and cost-effectiveness of the FSL component, in line with ACF’s and international standards and national policies
More precisely, you will:
- Oversee the overall implementation of the FSL program in Rakhine State
- Supervise and manage the FSL program Area Managers and organize the FSL team
- Ensure the quality, accountability and impact measurement process of his/her program
- Contribute to the identification of needs and the formulation of on-going and upcoming project proposals
- Participate in the coordination, representation and partnerships of ACF in his/her area of intervention
You hold a master degree in Agronomy, Agriculture, International Development or other fields relevant with at least 3 years of field experience with NGO’s in food security activities.
Recognized for your experience of management in a humanitarian context, you have the ability to with donors / partners and have excellent skills in writing and documenting.
You able to provide technical advice in clear, unambiguous language, patiently explaining to field teams the reasons behind your conclusions in order to develop their technical skills.
Familiarity with Europaid and BMZ reporting and regulations appreciated.
Fluency in written & spoken English.
Contract 18 months fixed term contract under french legislation
Remuneration and benefits :
- Monthly gross salary from 1 600 € to 1975 € upon experience.
- Per diem and living allowance: 393 € (cf eurocost) net, field paid.
- + 12 % of monthly gross salary as country allowance.
- + 16% of monthly gross salary as reimbursement of retirement insurance for non-French citizen.
- + Child allowance, limited to 5 children.
Transportation and accommodation:
- Coverage of transportation costs to and in the mission.
- Individual room in guesthouse covered (préciser si logement individuel)
Medical coverage: 100% coverage of medical expenses + repatriation insurance.
Leaves and RnR:
- 25 days of paid leaves per year.
- 20 RnR per year.
- 215 € at each RnR period (averagely every 3 months – préciser si mission plus favorable).
- Coverage of the transportation expenses to the RnR area of reference.
- Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©.
- Technical trainings at HQ or regional level (averagely 1 per year).
- Intermission Workshop once a year.
- Opportunity of coaching (DP) or mentorship.
- Participation to external trainings costs upon eligibility of the request.
We are looking for a creative, adaptative and open-minded FSL Program Manager, responsible for ensuring the proper implementation and completion of program throughout all its different phases as well as the appropriate management of its specific scope, schedule, resources, quality, risks, representation, coordination and contractual requirements. The FSL Program Manager will supervise the implementation of a multi-million budget consortium program spreading over several years in various locations and involving several technical components. The FSL PM will be supported by a FSL technical expert based in the field during the first 5 to 6 months of the project implementation. The position requires a high degree of flexibility, as well as the capacity to work in close and continuous collaboration with other Program Managers on the base to ensure a coherent and technically sound implementation.
The social life is good with various restaurants or bars and there is a good relationship between the large expatriates community in Sittwe.
ACF accommodation is provided in one private guesthouse. Living conditions are comfortable. Guesthouse is equipped with, electricity, hot water, air con and cable TV, with reliable internet connexion. Every expatriate has his own private bedroom.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1